What automatic commercial door is for you?
Automatic commercial doors are a great feature for businesses that experience a lot of foot traffic. They are generally a preference to customers entering busy buildings and employees in practical settings, however, what type of automatic commercial door suits your specific situation?
It is important to pick the right door for your space and safety requirements. Check out our handy guide to automatic commercial doors below.
Sliding Automatic Commercial Doors
Sliding doors are a commonly used option in larger spaces. Sliding doors come in single or double sliding options, however, the latter is most commonly seen when a large entrance is needed and two-way traffic is common.
Here at FSE doors, we can customise Automatic Commercial Doors to suit any need. Some options available for sliding doors are:
• Sliding fire doors, are suited to larger commercial spaces where large entry and exit points are needed in the advent of fire. Industries that use these doors include medical professions and commercial kitchens.
• Sliding acoustic doors, suit situations where noise pollution may affect customers or the general public. Some industries that require these doors are nightclubs, office spaces and noisy commercial kitchens.
• Sliding sanitary doors, are often applied to situations that require bacterial resistance and easy cleaning such as medical and hospitality industries.
• Sliding radiation doors, are usually combined with fire doors to protect against both fire and radiation. These doors are commonly seen in larger hospitals that have radiation facilities.
Sliding doors are common in situations that require the passage of more people than what conventional side hung doors can offer. They are also beneficial in spaces that do not allow for swinging doors such as hallways, however, the sliding leaf mechanism may take up space lengthways, so it is important to know the space you are working with.
Folding Automatic Commercial Doors
Folding Automatic Commercial doors are most beneficial as they use the smallest space possible. These doors can be purchased as either single or bi-folding.
As these doors have a tight folding mechanism, they can not always be fitted with thick sound or fireproofing materials, however, they can be made with sanitary materials.
They are commonly used in:
• Physician offices
• Catering venues
• Performance venues
Swinging Automatic Commercial Doors
Swinging Automatic Commercial doors act like any other door, however, they can be ordered in both single or double size. Swinging double action doors are the most efficient for heavy traffic situations.
These doors are not the best option if space is a concern, however, a benefit is that they can be built with all protective fittings.
At FSE doors, we can customise swinging Automatic Commercial Doors to suit any protective need. Some options available for swinging doors are:
• Swinging fire doors, are suited to commercial spaces where fire protection is crucial. Industries that use these doors include medical professions and commercial kitchens.
• Swinging acoustic doors, suit situations where noise pollution may affect customers or the general public. Some industries that require these doors are nightclubs, office spaces, commercial kitchens, theatres and music studios.
• Swinging sanitary doors, are often applied to situations that require bacterial resistance and easy cleaning such as hospitality industries and in the medical industry, particularly in corridors.
• Swinging radiation doors, are usually combined with fire doors to protect against both fire and radiation. These doors can be fitted with heavy duty protection and are commonly seen in larger hospitals that have radiation facilities.
FSE Special Purpose Doors manufacture Automatic Commercial Doors for numerous industries throughout Australia.
Contact us today!
FSE Special Purpose Doors are experts in all aspects of door manufacture and installation and have particular expertise in fire doors, custom fire doors, solid core doors, heritage door upgrades, acoustic doors, and radiation shielded doors. We supply and deliver fire doors to Sydney and throughout Australia. If you want like to learn more about fire door compliance – or about Special Purpose Fire Doors in general, you can find our products here. To book a quote, phone 1300 4 DOORS, or contact us.
Are you interested in learning more about special-purpose doors? Check out some of our other great blog posts: