Solid Core Doors
What Are Solid Core Doors?
Solid core doors are made of composite wood that is painted or faced with a veneer. They have a number of benefits over hollow core doors and are unmatched in terms of practicality, durability and versatility.
Key benefits over hollow core doors include –
• Acoustic properties and soundproofing: Solid doors have fantastic sound insulation properties, and are suitable in homes, hotels, office spaces, industrial spaces and more.
• Insulation: Solid doors have great temperature insulation properties. This means that they keep a room warm in winter and cool in summer.
• Safety: Solid doors offer far superior levels of resistance to attacks and/or forced entry, and are suitable for residential, and commercial applications, such as in schools, offices, hospitals and more.
• Durability: The overall build quality of solid core doors is far superior to hollow core doors, and thus are extremely durable and will last you a lifetime.
• Versatility: Solid core doors are extremely adaptable and can be aesthetically tailored to suit many types of designs and finishes. Our security doors can be customised to suit a number of different requirements.
Solid Core Doors From FSE Special Purpose Doors
Our solid core doors are avaliable in 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, 50mm in either paint grade MDF, paint grade ply and pre-primed THB. There is also Laminated Veneered Lumber options. LVL construction consists of 3mm thick lamination of pine glued flat under pressure to produce a stable core.
They are available as standard timber faced doors, hygiene doors, smoke doors, steel faced doors and lead lined doors for acoustic and radiation shielding applications. Have a look at our prices here.
Who Needs Solid Core Fire Doors?
Solid core doors are versatile, multi-use products that are suitable for a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial uses.
• Schools and hospitals
• Hotels and hospitality
• Recording studios
• Theatres, auditoriums and other entertainment spaces
• Commercial spaces