An Overview of Sanitary Doors
Sanitary doors are specially configured to ensure optimum levels of cleanliness, offering high resistance to bacteria and other harmful agents.
Sanitary doors are a type of special purpose door required in medical facilities, and commercial and industrial spaces. They are specially configured to ensure optimum levels of cleanliness by offering a high resistance to bacteria and other harmful agents. They are also unaffected by moisture and common cleaning chemicals.
Our sanitary door sets are also extremely versatile and can be tailored to meet the needs of any space. They are suitable for hospitals, vets, dental clinics and veterinaries, industrial kitchens, laboratories, and more.
Metal Sheeting For Sanitary Doors
The two most common materials used for metal sheeting in sanitary doors are steel and aluminium:
• Aluminium metal sheeting is ideal for doors that need to be more lightweight or that have hygiene requirements; it is also great for external doors that need to provide weather protection
Metal Sheeting & Door Core Systems.
• Steel is generally stronger than aluminium and is more sturdy and durable. It’s also ideal for fire protection.
Sanitary Door Cores
The type of core system utilised in any door with metal sheeting will make a significant difference to its performance. The following are 3 common core systems used in doors in conjunction with metal sheeting.
Honeycombed Core – This is where a honeycomb structure made from metal, cardboard or a variety of other materials is used in the core of the door. It enables the door to be lighter, stronger and have better fire resistance, while also improving insulation and soundproofing
Steel Stiffened Core – This approach involves using lengths of steel to reinforce the core of the door. Steel stiffened cores add a significant amount of strength to a door, as well as improve its qualities of sound absorption, fire resistance and insulation
Polystyrene Core – This involves inserting a polystyrene fill into the core of the door and is often used in conjunction with steel stiffeners. Polystyrene offers a wide variety of benefits such being light weight, absorbing sound, providing effective insulation and withstanding high temperatures (if treated).
Types of Sanitary Doors
Here at FSE we provide a range of high-quality sanitary doors to your needs:
• Hinged sanitary doors – Our standard hinged doors are perfect for use in hygiene-sensitive facilities. Our product has been designed and engineered specifically for heavy duty use that also offer higher performance levels of security, longevity and sound attenuation.
• Swinging sanitary doors – Swinging double action doors are crucial in healthcare facilities where corridors have heavy traffic flow in both directions. They perform like any other door. However, the key difference is that they swing 180-degrees to allow traffic to move quickly and easily back and forth through the doors.
• Sliding sanitary doors – Sliding doors are quite common in larger spaces where, in the event of a fire, larger entry/exit points are needed to accommodate more people, but where the use of conventional side hung doors is impractical. They are also useful in hallways that require automatic doors.
• Radiation shielded sanitary doors – Radiation shielding for doors provide a vital layer of protection on your doors to keep staff, clients and the general public safe from radiation. They are suitable in healthcare spaces where radiation is used: radiology and x-ray facilities, dental practices, research labs and veterinary clinics. These doors are lined with lead sheet and can include radiation shielded glass vision panels too.
FSE Special Purpose Doors work with many clients in the commercial, industrial and healthcare sector throughout Australia to design, manufacture and install sanitary doors for facilities of all kinds.
If you have any questions about sanitary doors, to learn more about our products, or to book a quote, phone 1300 4 DOORS, or contact us here.